Monday, April 22, 2013

Grace In A Box

First, a plague update.

Yes, we're still recovering.  Both Grace and I had separate doctor's appointments today.  My doctor says it looks like I got back-to-back viruses but should be back to normal in the next few days.

Poor Grace has the croup again.  So she's back on the roids.   Last night, it was so hard to hear her struggling and coughing all night.  The steroids are designed to take some of the swelling away from her air passages so hopefully she gets a good night sleep tonight.

But don't think for a moment that Grace lets something like croup take her spirit away.

Today, three big boxes came in the mail.

What was in them?

In Graceland, it doesn't matter.

What matters is that eventually there is a big empty box full of wrapping material.


Sick....Schmick!

3 comments:

  1. meanwhile thousands of dollars worth if toys go unheeded! there's nothing like a box! It's the pox in the box!
    xoxo, Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all of you get some sleep! I slept many nights sitting in a rocking chair holding a sick boy so he wouldn't cough all night. That is what a Mom or Dad will do so they can get some sleep. Counting the days until I can help take care of those two granddaughters - even if they are sick! It is amazing that a big box with paper can bring so much enjoyment...xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pure Joy...what a wonderful thing!!

    ReplyDelete