With one week to go before Grace's surgery, we wanted to take the time to get specific. Grace has two primary heart defects, a complete AV canal defect and Tetralogy of Fallot. These both require surgical intervention, and will both be addressed next Tuesday. If the anatomy lesson is too much for your brain, please scroll to the bottom to know how best to focus your prayers and intentions for Grace next week.
The normal heart has 4 distinct chambers, with a clear separation between right and left sides and 2 distinct vavles between the right upper and lower heart and the left. It looks like this:
Grace's heart has a large hole in the center of it, so there is no separation between the right and left sides, and there is one large valve between upper and lower rather than two distinct valves:
Next Tuesday, Dr. Spray will place a patch in the center to clearly separate the right and left sides of the heart. This will ensure that oxygenated and deoxygenated blood don't mix. This patch will miraculously become part of Grace's heart, as her tissues grow around it and strengthen the right/left divide. Dr. Spray will also take the one central valve and create 2 separate valves:
In addition, Grace has Tetralogy of Fallot. This defect results in the right ventricle (the lower blue section) becoming too thick and pushing on the pulmonary artery - the artery that takes blood to the lungs to be oxygenated so it can then go out to the rest of her body. In addition, her pulmonary artery is defective in that the valve that paces the blood going from heart to lungs is too narrow. In order to fix this, Dr. Spray will need to thin out the muscle of the right ventricle so it doesn't push on the pulmonary artery, and he'll need to gently open up the pulmonary valve:
Interestingly, this Tetralogy defect has helped her cope with the hole in her heart by slowing the rush of blood to the lungs, one of the big complications with AV canal defect. So while having a second defect to repair doesn't seem like a blessing, it has been for Grace in her ability to thrive as she has these first four months.
With any surgery, there are risks. This surgery will be no different. There are a few specific things we'd like to ask you to focus your prayers and healing intentions toward:
1. The center of the heart, where Dr. Spray will be placing the patch, is the same section of the heart where the electrical wiring of the heart resides. This electrical tissue looks no different than any other heart tissue, so there's a chance it could be nicked in the surgery. If this happens, Grace will need a pacemaker for the rest of her life. Please pray that Dr. Spray's knowledge and intuition will allow him to spare this delicate tissue.
2. The 2 valves that Dr. Spray and his team will be creating should function efficiently, but sometimes because of the small size of the heart, they become leaky and require additional surgery. Please focus your intentions for these valves to function efficiently so that no additional surgery is needed.
3. The pulmonary valve that needs to be widened is delicate, and if it is widened too aggressively, or if it is too adhered, there is a chance they'd need to remove it and put a replacement synthetic valve in. This synthetic valve does not grow with Grace, so it would require surgeries every 5 years or so. Please pray that her pulmonary valve can be spared and made functional without the need for a replacement valve.
While all of this seems completely scary, we are in awe that the technology and skill exists to allow such repair. In addition, every time we look into Grace's eyes, we see such a strong soul, and she reassures us that she can handle this.





That's my girl! I love you, baby - you've got this! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI will be praying intently. As well as having all of Lydia's prayer warriors praying as well.
ReplyDeleteI know that when facing this you never want to look at worst case scenarios, but as a mama who just faced almost the exact same thing and who had to watch her baby undergo yet another surgery for pacemaker implantation, I feel that it is important for you to know that IF heart block is an issue, it will all be ok. Just look at Liddy's pictures, barely two weeks out of pacemaker placement. We never thought to worry about that during surgery because our surgeon made it out as a small risk, yet when we were in the ICU, we were told that it is rather common.....
Much love to you and yours. And many prayers. Update as often as you can because I will be (impatiently lol) waiting. :)
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
and let us not forget my favorite line from Winnie the Pooh, "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
Also is there any way at all you can send me a picture of sweet Grace? I promise that it will be used for all good! My email is heidi_melton@yahoo.com.
ReplyDelete:)
go get 'em, sweet gracie! we'll be cheering you on! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting Lessons of the Heart, it helps to know the needs of the special care during & after time of surgery. Grace you are well loved and such a little trooper, we know God will be protecting you and we will be Praying under his umbrella for you for your full recovery, Cheering blessings to you....(also for your Mom & dad) K&J
ReplyDeleteI love this post not only because it shows how adorable Grace is. Also? You taught me a little something about the defects she has. Diseases have such big and scary names, understanding them makes them (slightly) easier to bear. Praying for you this week, and especially next.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for Grace and your family. She is adorable, and you are a wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteOh Grace. You are kind. You are smart. You are important. I'll be thinking about you before, during and after your surgery and sending thoughts of strength and focus to those operating on and caring for you in the coming days, weeks, and months. You've been Love*Bomb'd!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your family. Lean on those you can and look above for strength and hope.
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful little girl.
Your daughter is too adorable for words! I love her big eyes. So wonderful!
ReplyDeleteBut my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. The poor thing having to go through so much. :( And all of you, having to watch her go through it. But your love surrounds her and will be with her as the doctors and nurses work on her dear heart. She is so precious and I pray that all goes well with the operation. Stay strong!
Jenni,
ReplyDeleteWow, this is a tremendous ordeal that you are facing. You are so brave and specific about what little Grace needs. I will be praying for Grace, the surgeons, you and your family! I pray that God touches Graces's heart with His finger and makes it whole and function in the way He designed it to function. I pray that He shows the surgeons exactly what to do. I pray for peace in your heart.
Blessings,
~Erin
www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com
you will be in my thoughts. so much love to Grace and your family. there is a bright light out there waiting for you.
ReplyDeletePrayers for Grace as she faces this obstacle. Prayers for swift healing, prayers for caring medical staff, and prayers for her loving family, who will be by her side, loving and holding her in their hearts. I am another who found you though "Love Bomb"....
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful sweet baby Grace is. I will definately be holding her in my thoughts as she goes through her surgery.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers, light, and thoughts of love will be with your daughter, her doctors, nurses, and you!
ReplyDeletebunches of love!!
Diesel
Good luck, Grace! All my good wishes go to you and your family!
ReplyDeleteGrace is such a beautiful child! I will be praying for her every day. I pray that Dr. Spray's hands are blessed by God, the Father Physician, and that He touches her body as she heals. I can't imagine how nervous you and your family must be for little Grace, but I hope you take comfort in the fact that those around you are praying, loving, and supporting you. It's in God's hands.
ReplyDeleteMuch love.
Sending Big Love and light to all that surround you... you are all loved and protected
ReplyDeleteMy prayers go out to you, Grace, and your family. I can't imagine what a stressful time this much be, but I can tell you have immeasurable faith. I will be praying that the surgery is a success and Grace will be able to recover quickly. Your story is very inspiring and I admire your strength!
ReplyDeleteI want you all to know you are in my heart and my prayers. Baby Grace is going to be OK...I know this...love...Mark
ReplyDeleteLike you say, of course there are risks involved in this kind of surgery. But those risks get less and less as technology advances, and Grace is so lucky in that she has people ready to care for her and love her.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you, but I'm wishing you all the best, and Grace'll definitely be in my thoughts over the coming week.
Love xx
I'll be praying for divine grace to surround your whole family, as well as your beautiful little girl and her surgeons.
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you and that precious little girl - many prayers coming your way!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for being so open and honest about Grace's condition. I truly believe that level of honesty is the only way for people to grow and leave, develop cures and medical advances. As she prepares for her surgery, my heart will be with you, Grace and your entire family. With so much love surrounding her, I am sure she will pull through.
ReplyDeleteI see Grace surrounded by healing white light in perfect health. Much love to Grace and all of you during this difficult, anxious time.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers, and hopes and wishes are with this little angel.. and all her loved ones!
ReplyDeleteHi, Babe Grace! This is your new friend Noelly from Brazil.
ReplyDeleteJust know you have somebody here praying hard for you.
You are so cute!!!! You are going to do all right. In no time we will see new pictures of you running around and being all happy!
God bless you, dear! Be brave. Be healthy. You got grace!
Your beautiful Grace is in my thoughts. I will pray that the surgery is a successful one so that your daughter will continue to bless your lives.
ReplyDeleteMuch love to baby Grace and family, friends. medical team. Prayers will be lifted up for all of you. Go, Gracie!
ReplyDeleteBaby Grace is so beautiful! I am praying for God's mercy to be with you during this surgery, and that her surgery will be a complete and utter success!
ReplyDeleteAll my love, thoughts and prayers to you and your beautiful baby to get through this safely.
ReplyDelete"Give my body peace.
ReplyDeleteLet my legs and arms stop aching.
Let my head stop thinking.
Let me sleep in your arms."
Adapted from a Dinka prayer, Sudan
Praying for Grace and for you. Rest in His arms.
She is beautiful girl. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and your family. Have faith. She will pull through with flying colors.
ReplyDeleteDear Baby Grace and Family,
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts will and healing intentions will be with you and the medical team performing Grace's surgury next Tuesday!!!!
Your daughter is beautiful. Sending positive vibes and happy thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteThose eyes tell so much!! I'm sending all my love & prayers right now so Baby Grace has a sucessful surgery :) She sure seems like a fighter! Lots of love & hugs.
ReplyDeleteMuch love and positivity to Baby Grace and her loved ones. Much strength to her medical team next Tuesday.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful baby girl. Sending healing prayers your way. Strength, peace and comfort for your family.
ReplyDeleteMany prayers for Grace, your family, and everyone involved throughout the procedure. Also praying for a speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteGrace is such a beautiful little girl, and so lucky to have such a loving family watching over her. She will be in my prayers this week, as I'm sure she will be in so many people's.
ReplyDeleteOf course, I hope that the surgery goes perfectly and no artificial bits are needed, but I do want to tell you that a friend of mine recently got her artificial valve switched out for a larger one, and while of course we were concerned for her, she came through it with flying colours as expected and recovered very quickly. If Grace should end up needing an artificial valve, I am sure that she will have the same love and prayerful support through any other surgeries, and that God will protect her as he did my friend.
Good luck with the surgery, to Grace and to all of you.
So much love and support to you and your family. WIth a name like Grace she should come through beautifully :) hugs and prayers
ReplyDeleteGracie, the world needs fighters like you. Some day you will be a proud, strong woman and getting through this surgery will have helped you along the way. My thoughts are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for baby Grace. She is so wonderful! I know God is going to see her through. I also prayed for you because I know it must be scary to have your little girl have such major surgery (or at least I would be scared). God's got you in His hands! And they're good hands!
ReplyDeleteshe's so beautiful. i agree with you, you can see that she is strong just by looking in her eyes.
ReplyDeleteour prayers are with you and with her.
Thoughts and prayers, hope and peace and above all love are being sent to your family from mine.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying to guide the surgeons' hands during the surgery and for a speedy recovery for Grace!!
ReplyDeleteAll will be well.
ReplyDeletePraying that all intentions you are holding in your heart for beautiful Grace come to pass. Bless you all!
ReplyDeleteJenni, The courage and bravery of your family is outstanding. I will add my prayers and healing intentions to the others above, directed as requested. When looking at you beautifully thriving daughter, I trust she will be held to the bosom of the Lord during her procedure, and the doctors own hands will be filled with His spirit. All my Love and Prayers for You and Your Family in this trying time.
ReplyDelete“In prayer it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
Best wishes for a speedy recovery to this little sweetie!
ReplyDeleteLove, Calgary Family
Dear Lord, please wrap your loving and healing arms around Grace as she faces this obstacle. Please be with the surgeons and caregivers and guide them with your expertise as they repair the hole in Grace's heart, and her defective heart valves and arteries. Please give comfort to her family as they face this difficult struggle. In Jesus name I pray, Amen
ReplyDeleteI am another who found you though "Love Bomb"....
Baby Grace - be strong! You've got a tough road ahead but keep fighting and know that you have so many family, friends, and yes, even strangers like myself wishing you the best. Also, thoughts and prayers go out to your wonderful family and medical staff looking after you.
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of love & support! <3 <3 <3
ReplyDeletepraying for your brave, beautiful baby girl and all the doctors and nurses who care for her today and beyond. Much love, patti
ReplyDeletePlease know that I will be praying for Grace's upcoming surgery this week and for the Lord's healing powers following the surgery. I can't imagine how scared you must be to see your baby girl undergo such serious surgery, but take comfort in knowing that the Lord is watching over you, the doctors, and most importantly, Grace. The LoveBomb community is praying for you...so know that there are hundreds of friends sending loving thoughts your way.
ReplyDeleteLove from Virginia Beach,
Caroline
I love how very specific you were in your prayer requests - I think that is very important and it really shows your underlying belief in God - that He can and does perform wonderful miracles!! I certainly hope and pray that this time He works through the hands of Gracie's doctor to get her healed up the right way and returned to the loving arms of her family, fit as a fiddle! Much love and support and prayer to your family...from your friends and people you may never meet - we're ALL pulling for you! I hope these messages encourage and lift you guys up, but I want you to know that your overt faith and courage, and the courage of Grace in all this, are also an inspiration and a blessing to all of us! God Bless You!!
ReplyDeleteBaby Grace and family you are in my prayers! I hope all goes well in the surgery on Tuesday. What a brave and gorgeous little girl! Blessings.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers for your beautiful family! I'm sure Grace will be kicking butt and taking names in no time. Tell her how loved she is from everywhere!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful baby. I sincerely hope that everything goes well with the surgery. Know that there are people out there hoping for the best and praying for your family. Never lose your strength!
ReplyDeleteSending healing prayers and loving thoughts to Gracie, you, your family and Gracie's medical team. Thank you for sharing her story and enlightening others with hope & courage.
ReplyDeleteBaby Grace, you and your family are in my prayers! I pray for wisdom and guidance for the surgeon and the rest of the medical team that God will guide their hands and hearts. I pray for the family, that they would have the strength and peace to get them through this surgery and recovery process. And I pray for you, Grace, that you would have a miraculous recovery and an amazing testimony of God's healing power for many, many years to come!!!
ReplyDeleteSending positive thoughts & prayers to Baby Grace and all who love her. I will be thinking of you and praying for the best outcome for Grace's surgery.
ReplyDeleteStay strong. Believe.
Grace, Tears are filling my eyes as I think of all my beautiful little granddaughter is facing next Tuesday. However,because of my love for God the Son Jesus Christ and faith in God the Father, I am confident these tears will turn to tears of joy once I see how well you have survived the surgery. Grandma R and I truly love you and we are praying for you. We have some huge hugs stored up for you when we see you in September. You are precious! Jesus loves you and I love you. Ephesians 3:20 for sure!
ReplyDeleteLove from Vancouver!
ReplyDeleteSending you good vibes and prayers. As a girl (well, of 31) born with a heart defect as well, I can attest that doctors have amazing technology and medical advancements now days. So I have no doubt she'll soar through this like nobody's business. :)
ReplyDeleteYour daughter is so precious! Thank you for sharing your journey towards Grace's healing. Praying with you as she prepares for surgery, and praying for wisdom and guidance for the surgeon and his team. God Bless you!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts will be with you and your family. She's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteJenni, know you have my thoughts, beliefs, and intentions for Grace's surgery. You have a lovely daughter and I hope nothing but the best for you. {{hugs}}
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for your sweet Grace and the doctors as they use their skills and gifts to patch her little heart. I write this as the momma of a little one who had surgery for TOF at 6 months old and whose fourth birthday we are celebrating today. Our prayers and thoughts are with you!
ReplyDeleteSending you and your family lots of light and love! I am holding all of you in my heart.
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of love and light and wishing you all the best for Grace's surgery. Love!!
ReplyDeleteMy prayers and thoughts are with you.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers are with you and your family.. Keep your head up high and know that there is always someone looking over us-- helping, guiding along the way!
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful and strong girl! This will all be over and done with soon and in a few years will seem like a bad dream. I am sending lots of prayers and well wishes from Arizona from my family to yours! Good luck Grace in all that you do!
ReplyDeleteWill be keeping your daughter in my prayers. Looking into that wee little face just made my heart melt! She's so strong and she has such a wonderful strong family as well. All will be well - everything will work out just perfect! Take care! :)
ReplyDeleteI truly believe in the power of prayer ... wishing for all the best with the operation. Your little girl is so beautiful *hugs* - another Love Bomb
ReplyDeleteLots of love and positive vibes from my family to yours :-)
ReplyDeleteSending you, your family and dear baby Grace much love, healing thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.
ReplyDeleteMany blessings of love to you all.
I'm not religious, but if I was I'd be praying for you guys and as it is I'll keep you in my thoughts
ReplyDeleteGood luck and I hope she pulls through :)
To Grace and her Family,
ReplyDeleteI am holding you all in my thoughts and prayers. May Grace have a speedy recovery from surgery.
Love and hugs to you all,
Lu
Sending you all warm thoughts of comfort, support, and strength...
ReplyDelete(((hugs))),
Lori
Hi baby Grace!
ReplyDeleteHow fortunate you are to be born into such a loving family, at a time when technology can help you, in a place where your family has found a trustworthy, skilled surgeon! AND now you have thousands of caring people, all strangers, sending their unconditional love in the form of prayers and intentions.
You are wonderful! The world is wonderful! You are in the best place of all to enjoy every minute: in the center of a very loving family!!
Grace is a precious little girl. I will pray everything goes smoothly for her! I also will pray for the family to stay strong through this rough time. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Let us all know how it goes when you get the time. You all can do this!!
ReplyDeleteOh Grace, you are so beautiful and blessed to have God place his loving arms around you. Holding all of you up in my thoughts and prayers, especially for the doctors and staff who will be performing this intricate surgery. Wishing you all hugs, love, peace, strength, and faith.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Becky
Grace's beautiful eyes reflect her truly beautiful soul. My prayers are with your family - may God comfort you and give you hope while he cradles precious Grace in his arms during this surgery. May God's love shine upon your family bringing you strength, and bringing you joy.
ReplyDeleteMay you have love and its causes.
ReplyDeleteMay you be free from suffering and its causes.
May you know the joy that is free from sorrow.
May you abide in equanimity, free from anger and attachment.
Sending love and prayers to Grace and your family. May all go well!
Thoughts of love to Grace and the entire family- prayers and love surround you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful daughter you have. My prayers and good wishes go out for Grace, and for your whole family. God bless!
ReplyDeleteGrace, a name truly fitting of a baby girl so full of hope and light. May your heart heal completely and you live the rest of your long live sharing your love and inspiration with others. You are a miracle!
ReplyDeleteI am sending you, Grace, and all of your loved ones healing thoughts and prayers. I will be thinking of you guys while you go through this!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine the stress that this must be creating for you and your family. May God bless Grace and give courage to face this challenge. It sounds like Dr. Spray is highly capable, and I will be hoping and praying for Grace's smooth surgery and recovery. God bless!
ReplyDeleteShe has a fighter's eyes! What a beautiful baby! I'm wishing her strength and love and hope and healing. To all of her family, so many people are praying and rooting for you! God bless you!
ReplyDeleteGrace is just adorable! What a precious little girl!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely sending love and hugs and prayers your way in the days and weeks to come!
Grace,
ReplyDeleteHow precious you are! I love all your pictures and the stories you have to tell. I am joining the many other Love Bomb members in prayers for you and your family. May God grant your parents the desires of their hearts, that yours be healed. May your heart be made whole. May the surgeon's hands be guided by the perfect Physician. May the complications be avoided. May your family be comforted by the outpouring of love and be enveloped in the prayers. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Stay strong. Judy
What a beautiful daughter you have! I send you so much love and light and will think positive thoughts for Grace and for you! May the surgery and recovery be swift and easy.
ReplyDeleteSending you all love. Lots of it.
ReplyDeleteI am officially in love with little Grace after only reading her story and seeing her pictures. I will hold her in love and light as she proceeds though this surgery. May the doctors hands be skilled and her body strong. And may she be returned to her parents loving arms as quickly as possible.
ReplyDeleteAll of my best wishes on a successful surgery and speedy recovery for this little ball of love! She is just precious, and I have deep faith she will make it through with flying colors. ♥ ♥ ♥
ReplyDeleteWe're rooting for you, Gracie!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and precious baby! Sending lots of love to Grace!
ReplyDeleteI'm Igor, from Brazil !!! I've just shown your baby's picture to my mother and girlfriend ! She's such a lovely girl !!! We are sending our prayers to you and all your family, I'm pretty sure everything will be alright and soon you will all be relieved and she will be healthy, with a brand new heart !
ReplyDeleteWishing grace health and joy... our hearts beat for you
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous, sweet little baby! Praying for a wonderful outcome!!
ReplyDeleteXO
Sending many thoughts, tons of prayers and lots of courage to your family, and especially little Grace.
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful & from one heart mama to another, you have my prayers.
ReplyDeleteIf you need or would like to talk to other families with kids who have Tetralogy, please let me know. I also know a family who has a boy with Tetralogy as well as Downs. alhpix@gmail.com
Hugs and love and prayers for you and your little bundle of gorgeousness!
ReplyDeletex
Thinking of you and baby Grace and praying for all the success you hope for. What a precious spirit and gorgeous baby girl!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a strong soul and a very loving family. Thank you for such a well written explanation of Grace's condition, I have learnt so much. Thoughts and best wishes to you all xxx
ReplyDeleteSending you prayers and tons of love from Washington State - you brave and beautiful people <3
ReplyDeleteSending lots of love, healing, and prayers to Grace and to your family. xoxox
ReplyDeleteYou and your family and your little girl seem absolutely amazing. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. <3
ReplyDeleteIt's a LOVEBOMB for Grace, her Mommy & Daddy, and everyone else who loves her. Sending all kinds of mojo, prayers, juju, and good boogie for healing, strength and peace.
ReplyDeleteGrace, you have touched and are loved by so many people you'll never meet... isn't the world a wonderful place? Thanks for being in it.
My thoughts and prayers will be with your family and your stunning little girl. All the best to your family.
ReplyDeleteSending oodles of love and light to help sweet Gracie get through her surgery and recover fully and fast.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying that the Lord gives you all strength while Grace recovers, and to trust that He never gives us anything we can't handle.
ReplyDelete1 Corinthians 5:1 pretty much sums it up.
Sending you love and wishes, Sarah from the UK.
YAY!!! You've been Love Bombed! :)
ReplyDeleteXOXOXO, Heidi
My dear friend gave birth to a baby with DS five years ago, and they, too, underwent this heart surgery. It was terribly nerve-wracking, of course, but it was very successful, and little Maddie is such a pistol now! What a hoot! Her talent is knowing when someone needs a really good hug, and lucky me, I've been on the receiving end of those hugs many a time. Just wanted you to know that I'll be praying for little Grace. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteOh, Grace's eyes are so beautiful. Praying for your strength and deep peace these next few days, for Dr. Spray's skill, for you to be be surrounded in care from friends and strangers alike. You and Grace are loved.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little girl! I wish you and Grave all the best, and every happiness! Hugs and Kisses from Canada!
ReplyDeleteGood luck baby girl!
ReplyDeleteBe strong for Grace and let others be strong for you, Jenni. Sending wellwishes and prayers and virtual hugs for a successful surgery and a courageous life for you both.
ReplyDeleteLove has no bounds. From one joyful heart to another.
XOXO
Molly
Praying for a safe and successful surgery, wisdom for her doctors throughout her recovery, healing for her little body, and peace for your heart and mind.
ReplyDeleteJulie
Wow Grace, can you feel the love? amen to all the above posts and an extra prayer from me too... Hang in there kiddo,remember you are never alone.... I love you , AJ
ReplyDeletegood vibes from a lovebomber! everything will be ok...
ReplyDeleteambar
Amazing miracles happen each day!
ReplyDeleteOh believe me.. a young (once young) neighbor of mine spent 7 weeks in NICU with so-so many complications. He's 19 now and the healthiest of kids.
At the age of 2, he blew his neurologist away with his abilities.
I know it's not easy, but your support network is strong. Such a cutie and soon-to-be healthier cutie!
Thank you for sharing her journey with us!
Peace and Love... Prayers abound!
Sending love and healing thoughts from Iowa!
ReplyDeleteI will be keeping Grace and her family in my heart. Sending healing energies her way.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous wee girl - many prayers and lots of love as she - and you who love her - face this surgery.
ReplyDeletePraying for a smooth surgery and recovery and healing for everyone.
Much love,
Irim x
Good thoughts and prayers, love and strength headed your way! Grace is a beautiful baby!
ReplyDeleteShe is so beautiful. Just wanted to say that I will be praying for her, and the doctors (to have wisdom), and for all of you. God is good. What a blessing you have.
ReplyDeletebest of luck with everything-- Miss Grace looks like she has lots of spunk, and that never hurts!!
ReplyDeleteMy future brother-in-law is thirteen and was born without one of his heart valves. He had two open heart surgeries as a baby. While I wasn't in his life at the time -- I met his brother five years ago -- I know how hard it was and still is for his family, having had to go through that many surgeries and having to now care for a child with a heart defect. My heart is with you and your family in this scary time. I hope that Grace's surgery goes perfectly smooth, and that her recovery is speedy and full.
ReplyDeleteLove from Connecticut,
Liz
http://elizawhat.com
I am going to pray for the surgeon and his team.. that their hands will be blessed and guided as they treat Grace (and all their tiny patients) and that she heal quickly and beautifully. My prayers for you will be for peace and strength. You will get through this because you have a world of love and power behind you.
ReplyDeleteMy prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteSending you lots of love and keeping you in our thoughts...
ReplyDeleteThe Schmidt Family
Whilst I don't do the praying thing . My thoughts are with you from here in the UK . My first baby had to have surgery at 10 days ... I cried a lot .... He is now a strapping 14 year old who is taller than his mummy . Who when at home will still let me give him a big cuddle.
ReplyDeleteLove Sarah
Grace is in my thoughts and prayers today and next week. Stay strong!
ReplyDelete@wewon31
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, baby Grace and the family. Stay strong and know that with God's grace, everything is possible. =)
ReplyDeleteLots of love to you and your whole family, lovely Grace.
ReplyDeleteAll the best for the surgery - I'll be visualising a healthy Grace, and everything going perfectly for the surgeon.
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts are with Grace.
ReplyDeleteGrace is such an adorable girl! I hope and pray that her surgery will go well and she will be able continue a happy life, as is so apparent on her face. You can't look at that face without smiling!
ReplyDeleteMy life has been saved by skillful surgeons on many occasions, starting from a surgery when I was 6 weeks old to the kidney transplant I received a little over 2 years ago. I am so grateful for these skillful men and women that have saved and improved my life.
Thanks for sharing so clearly what is affecting little Grace and what the doctors will do for her. I will be thinking and praying for her and those that love her. Can't wait to hear how she did.
Dear Grace and fabulous family. What a wee beauty you are. Such quiet strength and love. I can see why you named her 'Grace' because that's exactly what comes through in the images and words around your story that you've have been so kind to with all of us. I'm sure she has all the love she'll ever need and the head, hands and heart of a great team in theatre next week, and the mending time beyond. Love and happy, healing thoughts to you all. What a blessing and priviledge to offer these words of support.
ReplyDeleteWow! What an amazing family you are! So much love and caring going on. I'm sending positive thoughts of skilled medical care, quick healing and speedy recovery! Looking forward to reading about so many more happy times you in lives!!
ReplyDeleteI wish little Grace the best of luck for her surgery on Tuesday -- she looks like a tough cookie! Please know your family is in my prayers and pray that you guys can stay strong during this tough time.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers that the doctors hands will be steady and sure, that Grace has no further complications, and that you and your family receive a boost of strength to get through this. I hope that she has a full and speedy recovery!
ReplyDelete"every time we look into Grace's eyes, we see such a strong soul, and she reassures us that she can handle this" Your lips to God's ear...
ReplyDeleteMy heart to your heart little one, I will be sending healing thoughts to you Grace, and one day when you are much older and can truly understand the strength of your heart, there will be nothing that you can't achieve! Until then, know that there are many hearts around the world, that are filled with love and prayer for you and your family both now and for all the days ahead...
With love and light for you
Trashstar Xx
Grace is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI had open heart surgery when I was little and now I'm a healthy 22 year old!
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
<3
Praying for your sweet sweet baby girl! My grand daughter, Ollie had surgery 8 wks ago and is doing great.. Praising God for your doctors and asking for his guidance for them. Lotsa hugs from IL!!!
ReplyDeleteGrace is so adorable! I'll be praying for a successful surgery and quick recovery for Grace and keeping Grace and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love and ((((hugs)))) from Colorado Springs,
ReplyDeleteDeb
My 3 year old niece is about to have a hole closed in her heart. It is very scary, and I send you my love and prayers for a smooth surgery and a speedy recovery for your beautiful little girl.
ReplyDeleteGrace is spectacular! My daughter, Ollie, had OHS for a complete AV canal on June 9th. Today we are 9 weeks post-op and she's thriving in the most amazing ways!! I totally know where your minds and hearts are at right now, and it's hard, really hard! My prayers will be furiously going up for you in the coming days! If you need anything at all please feel free to look me up!
ReplyDeletehousethatjadebuilt.blogspot.com
Wishing Grace a speedy, full recovery!! I'm sure that she's in good hands. May your prayers for the good judgement of the doctors be answered for you. Sending you all good vibes:) Peace and Love!
ReplyDeleteAll the very best for a successful surgery beautiful Grace... Love and thoughts to you and your family sweet girl x LOVE BOMB
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for a successful surgery, beautiful Grace! May every breath bring you and your family healing, love, and peace.
ReplyDeleteWe are holding Grace and her family in our hearts and prayers. Prayers for her doctors and care-givers that they will heal her heart and she will have a full recovery. Know that you are very dear to so many, and loved. Peace. XOXO
ReplyDeleteBe strong, your little girl is beautiful, and lucky to have so much love surrounding her!
ReplyDeletewhat a precious doll baby grace is! please know that she and your family are in my thoughts and in my heart. im wishing you such good luck for her surgery. youve got much love from portland oregon coming your way!
ReplyDeletexoxo
I'm sending huge healing vibes and good wishes to little Grace and your whole family and the surgeons that will be working on her. May she grow up strong, healthy, and happy!
ReplyDeleteThe word Grace has an acronym in the Christian community: G-d's Riches At Christ's Expense. You have been given something so beautiful, I highly doubt He will take her away. I pray for her health, your wealth (yes, at Christ's expense!) and your well-being in this time of great trial. Be blessed!
ReplyDeleteYour Grace is a precious gift...what a cutie! Just know that positive energy is coming your way and it will help all of you, and especially Grace, get through this challenge ahead. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteSending Grace, you, your family, Dr Spray and Grace's other doctors and nurses plenty of prayers and love. May the operating theater be filled with blesings and healing energy. God Bless your family, I am holding you all in the light today x x
ReplyDeleteI'll keep beautiful baby Grace and all her family in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteAnge xx
Sending love and prayers from New Jersey. Best wishes to you and your family during this tough time. The love and support of your family has is truly remarkable and just know that there are others thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteLoving and praying for Grace right along with the rest...from our zippered hearts to hers. xoxoxo...pudge & biggs & co.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Grace, may God's grace and love be with you and your family as you head into surgery next week. I pray that you have a successful journey and that your recovery is easy and complication free. Much love to a sweet baby girl.
ReplyDeleteDropping a love bomb on you and praying for Grace from south Alabama!
ReplyDeleteBaby Grace, I'm gonna pray that your little heart is strong and your doctor's hands are steady. Sweet baby. I am going to be thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteLove Bomber Peliroo. <3
Sending prayers, love and hugs in your direction. What a beautiful daughter you have been blessed with. LOVE BOMB xoxo
ReplyDeleteSending lots of positive vibes & love to you all and your little angel! Keep the faith!
ReplyDeleteYour precious little girl and your family are already in my heart and prayers and will remain there till..............................
ReplyDeleteSending healing thoughts to beautiful baby Grace.
ReplyDeleteYour Grace is adorable :) I'll definitely be keeping a good thought for her, her surgery team, and you. Keep your courage and hope alive, and trust in God.
ReplyDelete<3
Grace you are so adorable & you will no doubt come through your surgery with flying colors. Love that smile!! Lots of prayers from Schmank family coming your way! xoxo
ReplyDeleteBarb
I am praying for you all and sending intentions for complete healing for Grace. You are all so loved and held. Know that support is here.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Alia
Please remember that there are many, many people holding you and little Grace in their thoughts and in a virtual loving embrace. We are all linking arms around you to protect and support you. Never doubt that our hearts and best wishes are right there with you!
ReplyDeleteI was forwarded your story by a friend and wanted to drop you an encouraging line. Our daughter, Nyx, was born with Tetralogy of Fallot and an ASD. She had a very, very severe case and had an emergency shunt placed at 15 days old to keep her alive long enough for her to grow and gain strength for the full repair. In March of 2010, she underwent a ten hour surgery at Texas Children's Hospital. The surgery went beautifully and although there were complications during recovery (as there usually are) she came through no worse for the wear.
ReplyDeleteShe had a checkup just yesterday and has great heart function. Her pulmonary stenosis has not improved but she tolerates it well so there's no need for stents at this time. Her pulmonary valve was so "gnarly" (as the surgeon described it) that it's basically useless. They elected to leave it in place but we'll probably have it replaced soon.
I want you to know I'm thinking of you and hope your child's surgery goes just as well as our daughter's. I remember how scary it was to be on that side of the BIG DAY but now all these months later, I can tell you it was definitely worth all the stress and worry. Nyx is no different than any other child these days and has all the energy and stamina of all her other playgroup counterparts.
Best of luck!
~Maria
AS a former pediatric nurse I can tell you that you are in good caring hands...nobody works with heart babies that isn't top notch.
ReplyDeleteJust remember to save some cookies for the night shift. ;-)
May the power of gentleness guide the surgeons hand and the peace of perfect health touch the heart and souls of all concerned right here right now in this very moment.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and Light to baby Grace.
~ Cindy
You have such a beautiful baby girl. Stay strong and know that there are so many of us praying for you. All the best with the surgery.
ReplyDeleteSending you tons if love and prayers to your cute baby girl!
ReplyDeleteMy thoughts and prayers are with you! May angels watch over beautiful Grace and be with you and your family throughout her recovery. Love Love Love! Emma. xx
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts.x
ReplyDeleteSending my best wishes and positive energy your way!
ReplyDeleteSending love! :)
ReplyDeleteYour little Grace is beautiful! My family's thoughts & prayers are with her, and your whole family! I have full faith that she will come through this even stronger; that you all will. Will pray for the strength in your daughter's heart to continue & your surgical team's steady hands. You are not alone! Hundreds are thinking of your family & wishing you All the best,
ReplyDeleteCrystal
Sending love and light to your child, good luck to her and your whole family! My little sister's name is Grace too and this post reminds me a lot of her, so I feel strongly about this. I have no doubt that she and your whole family will come through this stronger than before. I'll be thinking about and lighting a candle for her!
ReplyDeleteSending love to you all, you're all so brave and such a wonderful family.
ReplyDeleteSending prayers up and love and peace to Grace and to all of you.
ReplyDeleteLove and light to Grace and her devoted family.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you all...
You have such a beautiful child! Praying for you all as you go through this!
ReplyDeleteI will be praying with all my heart for Grace and all her family. Such a beautiful angel deserves all our prayers. God bless you!!!
ReplyDeleteWow!! With the dropping of this Love Bomb, how could God not hear all of our prayers?!! You are facing something that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy, yet you are focused and strong. Continue to breathe, in and out, and may each cleansing breath you take send strength and energy to your precious, sweet Baby Grace. She is truly heaven-sent. Always remember that HOPE is a mainstay and it IS very powerful. Blessings to you all!
ReplyDeleteGrace is beautiful. I hope her surgery goes well. She and your family will be in my prayers!
ReplyDeleteGrace looks gorgeous and ready to take on anything the world has in store for her. Her heart will be as strong as her spirit.
ReplyDeleteGrace is an adorable baby! Here is a quote that I think might help you: "Hope is that thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without the words and never stops... at all. ~Emily Dickinson". Stay strong.
ReplyDeletepraying for your little Grace. What a sweetheart she is.
ReplyDeleteSweet Grace and family, we are with you in this - at least in spirit. So many good thoughts and prayers are headed your way. Be strong and feel our hugs!
ReplyDeleteBaby Grace, we know you are such a strong little soul! know that we are with you on Tuesday and the recovery time thereafter... know that our hearts are with you -- know that our prayers are being lifted up for you. you are such a special girl. and we love you so much!!!
ReplyDeleteGod Bless You and your entire G and R family.....
xoxoxoox Familia Duran
I will keep baby Grace in my prayers. Stay positive.
ReplyDelete