Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oh Boy and Pure Joy

So sweet little Grace passed some milestones this afternoon, and by milestones, I'm talking southern hemisphere.  Grace quickly took advantage of the clear path left by the aforementioned thermometer, and celebrated in multi sensory fashion!  We danced around the crib while holding our noses since this is another sign that The Gracer is wanting to go home sooner rather than later.

In addition, this afternoon's surgical hardware removal meant that I could hold and feed Grace.  

Pure Heaven. 

23 comments:

  1. Yahoooo!!! Prayers for continued healing, and prayers of thanks for pulling through like a champ!! Love all around--

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture - it brought tears to my eyes! Right where she belongs, in her mommy's arms. I'm so glad things are going so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so beautiful and precious! I'm so happy for all of you. Way to go, amazing Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma R says, "What a great picture - I can only imagine the feeling that Mommy is enjoying holding her darling Grace again - and look how peaceful looks. I know Daddy has the same feeling as he is probably taking the picture. Can't wait until she has healed enough to go home."

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the most beautiful pictures I've seen. It expresses such joy. I'm so happy for all of you.
    I love Grace's pink bow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful....that's all I can say...makes my heart smile that you are holding that little fighter....

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is beautiful! I found you through Pudge and Biggs, so glad I stopped by, what a blessing she is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture melts my heart...

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW AWESOME!!! I am amazed by how fast she is moving along. You all will be home and moving past this before you know it! SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm new to your blog, but I'll be praying for your gorgeous little girl.
    God bless,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful day for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello there!
    I am a friend of your cousin Stacey Worthington. My little fighter has had two hearts surgeries and she sent me a link to your blog so I thought as a fellow "heart friend" I'd leave you a note. I'm so glad your little Grace is doing well. She is one cute peanut! It is amazing how fast the body progresses once the heart is repaired. You will be amazed at how quickly you get to take her home. It's exhausting when this becomes life and check ups and monitors and meds have to be such a big part of everything, but it's a miracle that these surgeries are successful and our babies get to stay with us for a while. We don't know how long we will get to keep our little man but I feel like it will be quite a while. We just love him everyday! Good luck and make sure you let yourself SLEEP so you stay sane! :)

    Heart love,
    Jenn Petersen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Job Grace!!! Sweet dreams tonight. You are loved beyond measure. A.J

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are continuing our prayers for Grace and Grace's Mommy and Daddy! This blog is infectuous because of the tender way it is written and because of the love that pours out of each photo of baby Grace. <3 We are sending our love from AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Continued prayers for all of you! Getting your hands on her had to be a joyous moment! I could hardly wait to hold Ollie after her heart surgery. Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tears of joy seeing you holding Grace! Thanking God for our prayers answered in a mighty way! We will continue to pray for her full healing and strength! Love to you all - Kaelin & Family xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Truly miraculous! Keep up the good work Grace!! Love, Schmanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. one of my all time favorite pictures is me holding LC for the first time after all her tubes were out. And I can feel weight lifting off my shoulders every time I look at it. One of the BEST moments and yours is so unspeakably sweet. Hugs to all of you...what stars you are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jenni,

    This picture of mother and daughter says it all...We are so happy for you,Grace and Darren, on the road to a full recovery. Blessing to all...with hugs..K&J

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is such a wonderful sight, we are sending continued thoughts and prayers that sweetie-girl keeps that momentum rolling!! love you!! xoxo tru blu auntie m.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful to see the 2 of you together staring into each others eyes! Lots of love to you all! We've been with you all the way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. So nice to see you two together. I'm sorry the day after this didn't go quite as well- but what a loved little bug she is. Will keep you all in our hearts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This picture makes me teary. I can't imagine the joy you felt holding your little angel. What a blessing each day is! xoxo

    ReplyDelete