...you consider it a sign of a good day to come if the elevator is there when you push the button
...you know how Lasix and Diuril work differently on the kidneys
...your husband says "these pancakes are delicious" and they're from the hospital cafeteria
...you get excited about the nursing shift change (wonder who will be here next?)
...you've already survived an earthquake and a hurricane is in on the way
...Date Night is the family waiting room, with some reheated baked ziti and fruit roll ups
...a great night's sleep consists of only waking up four times
...overheard in our room: You know what letter of the alphabet is my favorite? The W.

At least the two of you have each other to talk to. John and I took different shifts, so I spent most of the daytime hours alone with Liddy. Luckily, I got to talk to her, which made me look slightly less crazy than talking to myself (although not much). Whenever a nurse came in her room, I practically attacked them! I also got to the point where I just had long conversations with perfect strangers when I went outside for my daylight breaks. lol
ReplyDeleteThe first day that Liddy laughed at me again, she wasn't making any sound...just this little huhhuhhuh breath. But it was CRACKING ME UP. I'm pretty sure that the nurses thought that I had finally cracked since I was the only one they could hear laughing like a maniac for 20 minutes. Pretty sure they sent us home the next day. (maybe that's what you have to do to spring out! lol)
Still praying for ya'll every day (especially with the hurricane!)
XOXOXO, Heidi
green, your posts are BRILLIANT! i'm loving reading your blog, and am so grateful to have these dailies-- i can "hear" you telling us these stories. : ) but mostly, i'm SO happy to hear gracie is continuing to get better every day!! she has tons of fans (my entire fam included), and i hope she can feel us supporting her, and both of you!! we love you guys, so much!! XOXO tru blu auntie m.
ReplyDeleteSo Funny! My hubby and I have played that list game before! You added some new items we hadn't thought of yet. Continued well wishes.
ReplyDeleteThat little leg is too cute. I don't know who decides this photos but they rock. Checking this blog more times than is normal but can't always comment on my phone. sending you guys lots of love. xoxo Liz
ReplyDeletenice legs, Grace!!
ReplyDeleteand nice posts, green!
wishing you more delightful family nights and dates nights-- as soon as you're home and comfy enough to leave Grace with auntie vossie, you can be sure i'll give you a REAL date nite! (for as long as you can stand being away from your cutie)... sending much much love. xoxoxo