Saturday, August 13, 2011

I ♥ R.T.!

Sometimes there's nothing else you can do.  You've prayed your heart out for your little one.  You've accepted all the love that surrounds you.  You've educated yourself in everything that is coming down the road.  But knowing that Graceland will take a week or two field trip to the hospital, sometimes there's nothing else you can do.  You gotta shop!  And I do have to say, I love me some Retail Therapy!   

    Overboard?


No fashion-forward girl would be caught on camera in just those drab hospital gowns.  She's gotta accessorize, with just the right amount of flair, from leg warmers to hair ribbons.  I'll be surprised if the nurses aren't asking Grace by the end of her stay, "Who are you wearing?"


14 comments:

  1. That's my girl! Grace, you are lucky to have such a cute and stylish mom to show you the way. However, If she ever mentions anything about an army knapsack, you give me a call right away. :) Hurry up and get here! Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. open heart surgery never looked so good. go get 'em, gracer. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Grace,this Grams is still learning how to communicate. You 're definitely beyond stylish. You are adorable! You already stole our hearts the minute you arrived and you will be in our hearts Tuesday. Count on many Christman prayers and of course the dear Dominican Sisters. I promised to keep them posted. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Careful sister Margaret - you may be Grams in Wisconsin to your brood but I am the very new Grams here - or Grammy. Grace, you are one beautiful soul - whether accessorized or in your huggies. Tell mommy that your Phillies onesie would be a big hit at CHOP - go get 'em Sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course she'd have leg warmers! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) One of the great benefits of being in the ICU for almost two weeks is that the last few days we were there, Lydia was minus most of her tubes and wires. As a mama who already learned the first time around how to dress around monitors (we brought one home with us for about 4 weeks!) I had made sure she had lots of cutie clothes packed, which really came in handy. The ICU staff loved seeing her all dressed up with her matching bows, etc.
    Obviously Grace and Lydia are cut from the same cloth. (Or maybe their mommies are!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rule number one: never leave the house unless you are as cute as you can be! looks like you already got that one down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandma R wonders who will have the camera with them in ICU. Grace will be the best dressed patient! Can't wait to see her - she will probably get a Broadway contract! Lots of hugs, kisses and prayers from California!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Mommy to "forget" the Phillies onesie (we all know that noone will buy you not being a Yankees fan!)... glad you've learned retail therapy early... I almost bought myself those same legwarmers yesterday! I will be thinking about you, Mommy and Daddy every second I get! Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thinking of you today Grace... love A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing Grace lots of love and strength with her upcoming journey! She will be in our prayers and thoughts! She is so precious!!
    ~ With love, Erin, Bob and Dylan Tate(Sager)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute accessories: check, An abundance of love and support: check, A skilled surgeon: check. You're all set! Go get 'em Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gotta love a new york city fashionista. grace, let's go shopping - kaya and i will take you and mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. everyone! grace is missing the ultimate clothing item...a GB Packers "KUUUUHN" shirt!

    ReplyDelete