Sunday, August 7, 2011

Peanuts and Crackerjacks

Chances are, your favorite sport teams now are the same ones you had when you were a child. That's when allegiances are built. And that's why we endlessly brainwash our little Grace by pushing our teams on her.

Since she was born in New York, we will concede that her favorite American League baseball team will be the Yankees. That's her mom's team, and Grace has already developed that Bronx Bombers attitude. Don't even try wearing a Red Sox hat around her. You WILL get messed on.


Things get a little more confusing in the National League. Daddy is a lifelong fan of the world champion San Francisco Giants but Grammy keeps trying to fill Grace's closet with Phillies clothing. It can be a little confusing for a new mind.

With the playoffs around the corner, it was time for a taste test.

Giants? Phillies?

Grace, we need your choice... NOW!






9 comments:

  1. I am not liking this at all. This has to be fixed! Did someone pinch her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma R says, "Grace looks like she is rooting for the West Coast Team (Giants). She likes to be on the winning side."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do I think maybe she'll be more of a Broadway lover than a sports fan??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post - so funny! Are you sure she wasn't looking at a Padres jersey in the first picture? I like her "tough" look to match her Yanks outfit and am looking forward to seeing it in person this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to follow your post's Grace....Your mom & dad do a wonderful job of letting us share your likes and dislikes. You are a precious and beautiful blessing to all of us that love you. We will continue to pray for you and your upcoming surgery. I'm so glad you picked the (Giants) Kay & Jim P.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Precious Grace, I get all this baseball stuff, but whatta ya say we nix it for now and go get us those peanuts and Crackerjacks, a good old baseball hotdog, some nachos, and a nice cold soda? That otta help you to vote with a clear head! :) Oh and Precious Grace, don't forget your Grandpa R's loyalty to the Sacramento River Cats, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on Darren, the Yankee's and Phillies...Really??? After all the A's & Giants games we went to as kids I would have thought you would have better taste than that! LOL My wife and I are praying for the surgery next week, God is so good! (If you don't remember me I am Merrel Wilson's son, our dads worked together for years.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aunt Terisa says Giants rule

    ReplyDelete