This past weekend, the girls got to experience their first plane ride. And all parents know how thrilling that task can be.
Jenni was smart enough to fully investigate the rules and found out we could gate check strollers and car seats at the gate...for free.
So we basically brought the entire backseat of our car into the airport.
Grace figured she should bring her old trusted friend, Big Bird. After all, if anybody knew anything about flying, he did.
And nothing says fun more than a 75 minute delay on the tarmac.
At one point both girls were screaming in perfect two-part harmony. Followed by pitying laughter from our fellow passengers. (I would kill to have caught that on video.)
So it was time to fire up the computer and the Signing Times videos!!
The girls really were good, especially once the planes were in the air. It probably helped that the engines sounded a lot like Sadie's white noise machine.
Grace loved to be walked up and down the aisles, smiling at everyone and high-fiving anyone who looked like they wanted to play along.
Somewhere, probably, over the Great Lakes, the novelty of being cooped up with several hundred strangers with no place to crawl around lost a little luster.
Here you go, Delta, two more satisfied customers.
You should see their parents.



I am so glad your little mini-flying trip is warming you up for the big trip to the West Coast. Looks like everyone enjoyed the trip - even Big Bird. I know you had lots of fun meeting all of your relatives. There are many more waiting to meet you out west.....
ReplyDeleteWow, I salute mommy and daddy. That was no little feat, but you did it! It's huge, I know with all that you have to take, but I'm like Grandma R., it's great practice for when you come to California and then you'll have so many people fighting to watch your babies! Afterall, we've been waiting . . . We'll even let you two big ones have a nap!!
ReplyDeleteGrace and Sadie...So pleased for you both to having such a great plane trip.....Can't wait until you can both come to Gradma R's home out west..then I can finally give kisses and hugs when I meet you in person
ReplyDelete...until then, xoxoxo K&J
They are sooo adorable! They make the friendly skies even friendlier!
ReplyDeleteoh don't get me started on delta!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are going to Mexico later this month and we are not taking any stroller or carseat on the plane. We are going to feel a bit naked walking through the airports with just Colin, Ben, and 2 backpacks!
ReplyDelete