Monday, September 23, 2013

Big Ben

I don't think arranged marriages are a great idea.

And I know that Grace is only 2 and a half.

But when you meet a cutie like Ben...

Grace made us slap the hearts on this picture

...you can't help but give the girl a little push.


Ben and his family live in Ohio, and they came out last weekend for the New York Buddy Walk to raise money and awareness for Down Syndrome, and to see Ben and his big brother, Colin, featured in the Times Square video that launched the Buddy Walk.

We've been following Ben on his blog, since he was born a couple of months before Grace and also had open heart surgery when he was four months.

Grace loved having a playmate her age in the house.  And while Ben's mom admitted he's "all boy", he wasn't shy about showing his sensitive side, instructing Grace on the proper way to put a doll nighty-night.


Ben also showed his gentleman skills by bringing Grace some flowers.  Grace replied by giving Ben a not-so-ladylike hug.


And then teasing him, like all good crushes do.


Finally, it was time for the newly acquainted to have some alone time.


And what better place than the rooftop deck overlooking the city?


Loved meeting you Ben and family!  Hope we can do it again sometime soon!

6 comments:

  1. So cute. Kamdyn has a betrothed too ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, it looks like you had a lot of fun this weekend meeting Ben and his family. I know you are looking forward to meeting with them again soon. I know some other visitors who will be coming to your home soon - counting the days...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like blatant flirting in pic #2! I think I've seen that act in previous generations. Grace was born to charm!
    xoxo, Aunt Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best post ever!! Thank you so much for inviting us to your home! It looks to me that Grace and Ben are a match made in heaven:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet. Sweet. Sweet. He is a doll - two thumbs up from Greenpa and Grammy. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Second cutest Ben around! But he's definitely the cutest non-related Ben!

    ReplyDelete