In Graceland, Mama and Papa often find themselves faced with the challenge of overseeing the ever-moving Dynamic Diapered Duo while going about day-to-day tasks.
Even in a New York city sized home, it's a gamble to walk the few feet to refill a water glass, to grab a burp cloth, or even to check an incoming text for fear of not even keeping half an eye on the toddling tornadoes.
While stomping around the house, Grace only occasionally notices Sadie on the ground, and on those occasions that she does, her top choice is to sit on her, followed closely by falling on her, jumping on her and poking her in the eye. At least Sadie seems to be of the "any attention is good attention" camp.
And they both seem to take no time flat to make a complete mess. With Sadie, it's the mat that she's supposed to play on, and not in.
With Grace, it's her book nook.
At least when Grace is reading books, you know she's occupied. You can let your guard down a little and think, I have time to grab this, do that, etc. So the other day when she was happily reading, I thought I'd have time to do a quick Sadie diaper change. Until I heard an unsettling quiet (always trouble), followed by:




this is just the cutest ever. that gracer...!
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Did she make it all the way to the elevator before you caught up with her? Good luck to Grandma R next month - I know she's up to the task! Busters - the two of 'em!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Just to clarify - I meant Sadie and the Gracer are Busters - not Grandma R.
ReplyDelete#nottryingtomessupin-lawrelationships
Well, do I see "in cahoots" in those pictures?? The sisters are going to be up to everything together in a very short while. The little one loves whatever the big one does and has a few tricks of her own. I predict 'double trouble'!
ReplyDeletexoxoxo, Aunt Dee
Busters is the term that comes to mind! Good thing they're cute.
ReplyDeletethose type of door handles are the worst!! time to get some locks!
ReplyDeleteBesides keeping eyes on both of them, that deadbolt will be used while we are inside...Looking forward to playing with both of those darling 'busters.'
ReplyDelete