1) on her back
2) on her belly
3) on her booty
Getting from #1 to #2 was a challenge, but nothing like the struggles to go from #2 to #3. She has physical therapy and occupational therapy twice a week, and most of the time is dedicated to this move.
Let's me preface the rest of this post by saying I forgot our occupational therapist was coming by this afternoon, so I let Grace take a longer than usual nap. So she went from dark, silent room and snoring to bright room and exercising in about three minutes. Needless to say, she didn't bring much to the table.
Feeling a little guilty about this, I figured Grace and I would have our own little therapy session later in the afternoon.
Armed with cheerios and knowing how far Grace can reach, I placed the snacks just beyond her chubby fingers and hoped she would lean over, and brace herself to get them.
Well, she found another way to get them and then surprised the heck out of me....by doing something she's never done before....the gosh darn #2 to #3.
I might need to buy stock in Kleenex.
Way to go Grace! Can't wait to see what moves she's got down when I move to NYC in August! (Apartment hunting next week! Yay!)
ReplyDeleteLove you guys!
Ags
xoxo
Grace! you know how to surprise your Dad. for sure...I was watching your moves with my hands clapping - was so
ReplyDeletehappy of the outcome, hand your dad a Kleenex and we are all so proud for you little one...love to you Grace. xoxoxo K&J
Way to go Grace! You are such a trooper! Keep up all the good moves... you will be moving and shaking all over the place!
ReplyDeleteAimee
Oh Precious Amazing Gracie Grace, Wonders NEVER cease with you. You are one of a kind and will they ever learn that you decide what you will do when? You're a woman with a mind of your own and all in good time, you surprise your fan club and keep us rooting and cheering. Way to go, Gracer baby! Hoot, hoot!
ReplyDeleteWhat Grace won't do for a cheerio! She is really focused when she sees cheerios! Keep on moving! Miss playing with you - we will have to plan another trip soon.
ReplyDeleteimpressive for sure. happy for all of you.
ReplyDeleteBy far the cutest & happiest thing I've seen all day!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Grace!
xoxo
Barb
I agree with Barb! That is one of the happiest and cutest things I've seen all day. I love Grace's hair.
ReplyDeleteAs soon as Ben mastered this skill he was crawling two weeks later. Time to baby proof!
ReplyDelete