Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tough to Stomach

One of the things we've been working on really hard in Graceland is to get the little one to understand that being on her stomach is not the end of the world, as she would have you believe each time you even slightly encourage her to roll over from her back.

It's the focus of two PT and two OT sessions a week. 120 minutes dedicated each week to tune up the tummy. And it looks like all our efforts are finally paying off.

In the past week, we've seen Grace rolling over onto her stomach on her own, and even staying there, like she actually liked it.

And yesterday morning...a first. We found Grace in her crib, asleep, on her stomach. If it wasn't so dark, and if we weren't so freaked out that she might not be breathing, we might have thought about taking a picture.

But it only took another day to get picture proof. This afternoon, after a nap, Jenni heard Grace rustling around in her crib and found this waiting for her.


That, folks, is full head control and arm support. So strong, Grace, and such progress.

5 comments:

  1. YAYYYY!!!! Great job Grace!

    PS I heard the song Amazing Grace today, and I sure did think of YOUR amazing Grace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations sweet Grace!! Lots of new things
    to do and see while on your tummy.
    Since I've missed you for a while, looking back, you've had an exciting Dec. with all the new "firsts" in your life - which you won't remember, but your Mommy and Daddy take great pictures and describe them so well too. And I'm so glad that you are so healthy too.
    I bet you missed your Gram for a few days. We miss her too and glad she was "home" for short visit. You may be lucky enough to have a few more "stimulators" to play with this summer for a few days. Gram says it's probably ok cuz you
    are too young to be corrupted - but we will fill your days with kisses and more toys!
    Love and Merry, Joyful Christmas to you all.
    Shannun

    ReplyDelete
  3. seeing you today rolling in all of your rolliness....what a great gift of the season. i love you gracie-A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so wonderful to see Grace's progress over these months. I especially like the post about her medication...such a miracle. I am so happy for all of you. What a wonderful Christmas to celebrate with your little angel. Love, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete