Monday, July 2, 2012

Fun With the G'rents

We ended our week off together with a trip to Grammy and Greenpa's house.  It was a great trip and just the right way to finish off our week of rest and rejuvination.  

We just wish Grace would have had a little more fun...


Our trip coincided with the annual Summerfest held on my parents' street.  It's a neighborhood extravaganza complete with a parade!  Grace was eager to get there early for the perfect curbside spot.


And we had to work on a good vantage point, but we managed to get this panoramic shot of the entire parade:


The parade was just one of a number of firsts for The Gracer on this trip.  More on that later this week.  


Thank you Grammy and Greenpa for a great visit!  

11 comments:

  1. Who was having the most fun - Grace, Grammy, or Greenpa? Did Grace take a dip in the pool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop smiling!
    xo
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming and spreading sunshine our way! We loved, loved, loved having you here. xoxo

    And in defense of our beloved Summerfest, there were two bikers ahead of the parade not in the picture (not inlcluding the one behind Captain Ed) and three potential bikers in baseball tournaments. It's a much larger parade than shown!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pictures of Grace, Greenpa and Grammy! And I literally laughed out loud seeing the parade picture! xoxox
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, Grace. Real fun is coming your way in a month.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Grace,
    I am glad you had fun with the grans...please take this as a fair warning. Grammy has a tendency to cheat at games.... especially Yahtzee, she can't help it,but be warned. Other than that these are adorable photos of all of you. What a beautiful family. You are one loved and lucky little girl! I miss you all.
    A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, Reverand AJ? I sort of remember something about noticing the splinter in your brother's (sister's) eye while ignoring the log in your own. Hmmmm.........HaCha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so happy to FINALLY meet the Gracer in person at Summerfest! Come back and visit soon!!

    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grandpa R. in CaliforniaJuly 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM

    Dear God's gift of Grace,
    First of all, if I had logged in to TFG for the first time,I would have thought the youthful couple in the photos were your parents.
    I hope you didn't get too tired watching the fabulous parade. I also hope you didn't blink. Have an awesome July 4th and tell your parents and grandparents the same.
    Jesus loves you and Grandma and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summerfest Parade CommissionerJuly 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM

    Hey! Where's the respect?

    ReplyDelete