Grace's last IFSP meeting was at the end of May. This is a meeting with a representative from the state's early intervention program, our service coordinator and us to discuss Grace's progress with early intervention and to determine future goals and services. At the time of the meeting, Grace was a very wobbly walker. In fact, so wobbly that her school was requesting an aide be assigned to her to ensure her safety (and, more likely, her classmates!)
When we were discussing physical therapy, I mentioned that our physical therapist had suggested that one goal be that Grace will kick a ball in the next 6 months. The state representative looked up from her computer with a furrowed brow and said "Kicking? In six months?" and proceeded not to make that a goal. I wish I had replied "I agree, 6 months is too long for that goal to be achieved".
Get your 2032 Summer Olympic tickets now!
Way to go, Gracer! No one and nothing will hold you back! Keep up the good fight. We are all so proud of you! xoxo
ReplyDeleteGrace - you never cease to amaze us! You are a very determined young lady - you will accomplish many things in your own time - not necessarily what is on the chart!
ReplyDeleteWe are so proud of you! xoxoxo
Hi God's gift of Grace,
ReplyDeleteYou're really balling! That's better than bawling. I am amazed at how you are accomplishing the goals set for you. Your Grandma R. and I are amazed how fast you are walking around. You are becoming a speed Gracer. I love you and Jesus loves you. We will see you and God's gift of Sadie and your parents very soon. It will be fun kicking around with you and kicking back with her. We are so very proud of you.
Way to go, Gracer! Uncle Alec will be thrilled - he's been looking for someone to run soccer drills with! xoxo
ReplyDelete