Saturday, September 24, 2011

Buddy Walk

Today we participated in our first Buddy Walk as an early kick-off to Down syndrome Awareness month. It's always fun to go to Central Park, especially to see such a joyful and spirited community. We loved how families and friends rallied for the cause, dressed in their homemade shirts.


Thousands showed up for the very humid day. Poor Grace, here she is, so stylish and her mom is sadly trying to rock an extra large tee. You can see by her buried head in my shoulder how embarrassed she is. Get used to it Grace, I have a feeling this won't be the first time.


Smiles were seen everywhere, unless you were looking at our little Buddy, showing everyone just how much she loves the great outdoors.

5 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to our buddy walk!! It's coming up on October the 8th! :)
    Grace looks beautiful, even crying.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the humidity was bothering Grace. She is probably looking forward to cooler weather so she can model all of her winter hats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool that you were able to make it to the walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cause - looks like the whole family was totally rocking it!

    Trashstar
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I was actually a volunteer at the Buddy Walk (I gave you guys your registration forms) and I didn't realize I had been to your blog before, during Grace's OHS.

    I actually have a defect that presents itself very much like tetralogy of fallot (and I was at CHOP), so I definitely understood. Wish I had remembered that when I met you guys, but glad you had a great time and that I got to see your beautiful daughter in person.

    ReplyDelete