But as the day progressed, Grace became less happy. You see, her buddy Daddy has been back in New York working. Grace was ok with this for a day or two, but as the week has progressed, she has become downright miserable. Mommy just doesn't play the classics of Thumb/Pinky or Kaboomski like Daddy does. And Mommy definitely doesn't sing the pop songs with accompanying dance moves like Daddy does.
So she declared a sleep strike. She was determined to stay awake until Daddy returned, and since this is not until tomorrow, you can imagine the fun that I had today. I sent Greenpa in to talk her out of it, but she'd have none of it, despite the fact that she was clearly tired.
I thought for sure she would give in, but she is a girl determined to see her pop. Please hurry back D. It's not looking good!



I hope everyone will get some rest tonight, including Grace. I know Daddy misses his two girls a lot and we look forward to seeing the picture of Grace with her Daddy tomorrow. She will probably be waiting for him at the train station.
ReplyDeleteIt's easy to forgive the sleep deprivation when they are so stinkin' cute. Hope it didn't last into the night too.
ReplyDeleteGracer, I'm afraid your Daddy has been busy eating BBQ...I know for a fact he was thinking of ordering some in. But I also know he's looking forward to seeing both his girls again.
ReplyDeleteGood luck for tomorrow. Get some sleep
Love from Londoner
Hang in there, Jen and Grace! I'm sure it is just as tough on Darren to be away from you as it is for you. I hope she gave in to sleep last night, for everyone's sake! Love you all!!
ReplyDeletesweet sleepy Grace and mommy~
ReplyDeleteoh, i do understand how much the baby misses the papa! i'm so sorry Grace. and i know the papa is missing you 2 even more, if possible!! hang in there. you're so close to the sweet reunion!
we will be praying for you during the appointment tomorrow- we're always with you on this journey. God bless you, Gracer! And SuperMommy, and Amazing Greenpa, and Graceland SuperGram! We love you so much.
~big fans in NYC, familia duran
Did daddy make it? Is our Amazing Precious Grace content now? May you all be sound asleep just now as I type this. We will both be with you all tomorrow throughout the day. Praying for good news. Asking God to continue to hold you and maybe even carry you a bit if you need it. Can't wait to tune in tomorrow.
ReplyDeletexoxo
Don't give up on Greenpa being able to lift Grace out of her funk. He is amazing when it comes to entertainment options.
ReplyDeleteSorry she isn't sleeping but is she cute or what?? She also looks bigger & healthier!!
ReplyDeleteLove the pics.
xoxo
Schmank