Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's The Big One

This week marks a huge milestone in Graceland. Our superhero turns one on Friday and we're so excited to celebrate the big achievement! It's been a year full of smiles, tears and uncertainty, but it's been the most fulfilling year of our lives.

We started the blog last June, three months after Grace was born, so we thought that all this week, we would introduce you to the baby Gracer's first couple of months.

It all started with a pretty quick labor...in the hospital by noon, baby by 9:30 that evening. And any proud parent will never forget the first time they hold their tiny newborn.


Jenni only got to hold Grace for about 30 seconds before they took baby Braveheart down to the NICU to conduct an echocardiogram.

I had to wait until the next morning to hold her. She was tiny, and still warm (though that was probably because she was in a warmer all night).


Dad and Mom...the titles seem so normal now.

But still special.

4 comments:

  1. Happy early birthday Gracer!!! Welcome to the one year old club! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to "ONEDERLAND" Gracer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a year already? I remember when she was just a few months old! Wow, how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Sad Chair-y tale for Grace,

    Once upon a time your mother bought me just for you…a nice soft comfortable play chair for you to come to the office with her and play. I’m equipped with several play gadgets to keep your attention and I have several other close friends that you can play with as well. I’m so lonely Grace why won’t your mom bring you to sit on me? I promise to hold you securely and keep all the lurking employees at a distance. I don’t mind if Buster comes I love Buster too! Please come sit on me again!

    your forgotten friend,
    -the sad and lonely chair

    ReplyDelete