Friday, March 30, 2012

One and Loving It

It's a big day in Graceland.

Our little heart hero turned the big One today.

I'm doing everything I can to stop myself from singing the finale from Chorus Line. And shying away from show tunes is a skill I have not yet mastered.

We're going to throw a bigger party with Jenni's family next weekend when we're all together for Easter, so today was just a small affair.

Mom, Dad, the birthday girl, and lots of presents.


Of course, each of them got an up close and personal inspection by the Gracer.


In Graceland, this is no such thing as too many toys.


And what the heck is in this bag?


Uhhh...would never have guessed a rotund sheep in a tutu.


And of course, there was the cake.


We weren't sure how Grace was going to handle this round, delicious treat. Despite mama pastry chef making sure there wasn't too much sugar in the recipe, the treat was plenty sweet. So is there any question our major league eater wasn't going to attack this thing?

The answer is a very messy no.


Grace loved her seven minutes in heaven while the circular sweet treat found its way all over her hands, face, and belly. And even more belly! And with the quick hands of a piano maestro, she was off.


There was more shoveling here than January in Anchorage. And even after the cake was taken away, her muscle memory kicked in, with her hands scooping air into her mouth.

Fun, fun, fun.

But maybe a little overwhelming for the rookie tummy.

That would explain the groans coming from the crib an hour after bedtime.

Can't wait to see what year two brings!

19 comments:

  1. HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY GRACER!!!! Thanks for your stamina, your spirit, and your smile. It's been an absolute pleasure to share in your first year of life. LOVE TO YOU AND YOUR AMAZING MOM AND DAD!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    cousin kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to our sweet angel! Thank you for the joy you have brought into this world. You have given more in your young life than most in a lifetime. Love, love, love you Gracer!

    Xoxoxoxoxox Grammy and Greenpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to our sweet goddaughter! We love you more than words can say and feel so blessed to have you in our lives.

    xoxoxoxo
    Aunt Molly and Uncle Alec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Grace! Even though we have never met you have brought a lot of joy into my life with your beautiful smile and really cool clothes:) Plus, you, your parents, and your grandparents are a source of hope and inspiration. Blessings to all of you! with much love, Judy and Aveanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! Happy birthday grace!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracer...HAPPY HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY.....you have given so much in this 1st year by bringing happiness to all who know and love you....You are so adorable in your photo's above...Thanks for sharing your BIG day with us...Kisses and Hugs we send...Kay & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was that a birthday girl barrette I spied in her hair?!?! And A SHEEP IN A TUTU!?!?! I can't think of a more amazing combination!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRACER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WE all love you

    Ellen,Helen and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday you sweet adorable little girl! Can't believe you are one! Love you xoxo Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blessings on your second year baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandpa R. in CaliforniaMarch 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM

    Hi God's gift of Grace. Happy Birthday. It looked like an exciting day in Grcaceland. Grandma R. and I love you and Jesus loves you. We will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Grace!!
    Thanks for all of your blog posts that so often make my day!! You have come such a long way in just one year, you never cease to amaze me & I'm sure others! Wish I could be there in person to wish you a happy big ONE!! Hopefully, you'll get to meet our family rep. this weekend.
    xoxo
    Schmanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. In my best voice, Happy Birthday to Grace,
    " " " " ,
    " " Dear Gracie,
    " " " you!!
    What a wonderful day you had and every picture is perfect.
    You've lifted my heart each time I read about you.
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh, our hearts are swelling with the birthday song for you, Speed Gracer!!!! Only the SWEETEST bits get celebrated with obese livestock. xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad I found your blog last spring and have been able to follow Grace during her first year! Looks like she had a wonderful birthday and I can't wait to see what this year brings. :)

    And of course it has to be fortuitous that her birthday fell the day before the Cats play Louisville! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What a milestone in Graceland. Happy Birthday big girl. Can I have a sheep like that?
    Londoner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to 1 Grace! Your day looked super fun. We are so happy to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday Grace! Sorry I missed it by a day but glad to see the wonderful pictures. You are such a beautiful one year old!
    Aimee G.

    ReplyDelete
  19. HB to you! and that sheep too!!
    love you.

    ReplyDelete