Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And For Dessert

Grace is not shy when it comes to her belly. If she's hungry, or remembers that at one point in her life that she was hungry, she'll let us know with a small whine that grows in intensity (not much unlike my alarm clock). And she also makes it very obvious when she's done eating (although it's often a lot later than you might think when you see her pound down the goodies).

So tonight, Grace was done with her sweet potatoes and rice cereal, looking everywhere but at me, and most definitely, the spoon. So I took off her bib, removed the high chair tray, and went off to the kitchen to clean everything.

We've talked before about how much Grace loves to be naked. She will take off her socks as fast as you put them on. If she had the strength and skill to unsnap buttons, I'm sure she'd spend most of the day in the buff. So, when I came back from the kitchen, Grace was working on her socks.


You'd think that a girl who just spent the better part of an evening at the Graceland buffet would be done sticking things in her mouth for awhile, especially things that had been on her feet all day.


So, socks brulee it is.


4 comments:

  1. Ben eats his socks too! You have good taste Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She have such precious eyes! Just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracie,
    you have the cutest round belly! we should try some nice soft ice cream, or a cookie... they taste better than a stinky old sock. i will sneak you one when mom isnt looking...shhhh dont tell. love your A.J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liddy always takes off ONE sock (the right one namely) and promptly spends quite a bit of time chewing it (I think it's in an attempt to make it so slobbery that I literally can NOT put it back on). Who knew socks were so tasty? I guess this is what I get for leaving her barefoot most of the summer. lol

    ReplyDelete