Sunday, February 19, 2012

Go Big Blue!

Grace is living large at Grammy and Greenpa's house.  She's enjoying the constant attention, new toys and decreased tummy time.  

Greenpa thought, with March Madness right around the corner, that this would be the perfect time to educate The Gracer about college hoops.  You see, she was born into a Wildcat family (ranked #1, by the way), and she needs to understand early on the rules of the game and the history of her team.  

 She was hooked from the start.

 She was a little shocked to see how Greenpa expected her to cheer, as he's normally a mild mannered fellow.  

Here she is practicing her game face.  Let the madness begin!

5 comments:

  1. I've been reading for months and had no idea Grace was also part of the BIG BLUE NATION!!!!!! Glad to see she's being raised right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracer - When Greenpa and I were first married, I was a huge Marquette fan (growing up near Milwaukee). We were not fond of the Big Blue. But Greenpa was still in grad school at UK and we had student tickets. So he picked me up from work for my very first Kentucky game. Dragging my feet, I reluctantly went with him to the game - it was at Memorial Coliseum seating 11,000. The students stood for the entire game. By halftime, I was a manic Big Blue fan and have been ever since. In fact, I worked at the UK Medical Center and Adolph Rupp was my patient (as well as Harry Lancaster). We all bleed blue, Sweet Girl and the onesie looks great with your blue eyes. Goooooooooooo Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, you might have your game face on - but greenpa has the happiest, proudest, most content "I love my granddaughter" face ever!!! Love your family xoxo lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember getting that same education many years ago (I won't mention how many)...as I enjoyed NCAA basketball for the first time with Jenni and her family. I am still a Wildcat fan - both Kentucky and Arizona!
    :) Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there might be a darker, more flattering shade of blue for those gorgeous eyes. Let me see what I have in my closet.

    ReplyDelete