Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gigi's Playhouse

Gigi's Playhouse is a Down syndrome awareness and educational center that is now in 13 cities, the newest being The Big Apple! Today was the first open house, and Grace and I didn't want to miss out. We are so excited about Gigi's being local, as it has so many programs for families and individuals with Down syndrome, from play to literacy. It will be a valuable resource, and we look forward to being part of it.

When we arrived at the playhouse, we were welcomed immediately by many friendly faces. Outside of close friends and family, Grace hasn't had much experience in social settings. She was quickly shown how it was done by the friendliest of faces, Mr. Charm. He came right up to Grace and introduced himself with a hug and a nuzzle, followed by a joyous "I love you!". How did Grace respond? Both hands reaching out to him, ready to ditch her date! I had to step in when Mr. Charm asked his mom if he could keep her.

(no helmet - bad parents)

No sale, Mr. Charm, but we might reconsider the offer if the Gracer 5:10 alarm clock goes off again tomorrow morning.

Thank you for the welcome, Gigi's. We'll see you real soon.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh...I thought we had a few more years before we needed to start fighting off the boys, Gracer. I don't blame Mr. Charm, though. I've been tempted to ask your mom and dad if I could keep you, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was Mr. Charm's and his mommy's pleasure to meet such a cutie pie! We literally stopped everything we were doing and just drew our attention to Princess Grace. Mr. Charm simply adores babies and is extremely careful and very over protective with them. We hope to see you soon again at Gigi's Playhouse...Peace & Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go to Gigi's with a helmet or a cute hairdo? Good choice Gracer - a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at that super cute boy!!
    We have yet to see a Gigi's Playhouse. Hopfully someday we will!

    ReplyDelete