Grace got her pectus carinatum brace a couple of weeks ago. The orthotist did a great job adapting the standard brace for the rolling ball of energy that is The Gracer. Our PT had mentioned to him during the fittings that she anticipated some bedazzling of the brace after seeing how Grace worked the hip helpers and the helmet. So when he came with the finished product, which we expected to be a blank fashion canvas, he flashed a big, proud smile and said that he added some color because he knew we were wanting some pizazz.......and revealed this:
This will take some more work on the fashion front. What is missing in this picture is the bright red lining that sometimes shows as well. At least we're ready for the Olympics! I'm happy to be helping her correct her alignment, but I have to admit I have small pangs of sadness when I have to pass over some of her most divalicious items in her closet because nothing accessorizes with The Bracer.
On the helmet front, it's most likely in her future, but we're all still recovering from the Helmet Incident of 2012.
![]() |
| Don't worry Mommy, I can rock any look! |


GO BRACER GRACER!!!
ReplyDeleteHeart. Sigh. xo
ReplyDeleteMiss Grace-you are cuter than ever in your new brace and tell Mom that color-blocking is all the rage, so anything goes with all your cute outfits!
ReplyDeleteBirthday and Easter all at once - can't wait till next yr and easter egg hunts! Grammy is a fashionista too with her
bright red "P" pants - whew!!
Your family is certainly blessed to have you in their lives.
Jenni, I thought of suggesting some cute floral adornments attached to the straps of Grace's brace where they velcro to the main bodice, but then had second thoughts......
ReplyDeleteSharyn
You do rock this look Grace! Is there anything that doesn't look fantastic on you?
ReplyDelete