Monday, October 17, 2011

Meet The Other Grandparents

Two more family members earned their Graceland badges this weekend, and these are VIP passes.

Grace met my parents for the first time on Saturday. They live in California and have seen her through Skype but this is the first face-to-face meeting, and there were lots of hugs, kisses and playtime.

Grandpa R even got down on the ground (and maybe even snuck in a nap) to play with Grace. It might have taken a good half-hour for him to get up (not really) but he gets big points for visiting Grace in her neighborhood.


And Grandma R did not disappoint in all of her promises to squeeze the dickens out the little one. Grace was happy to be in the safe and loving hold of her granny.


No big plans for the next few days. Just a grandpa and a grandma getting to know the newest branch of their family tree. We can't think of a better week.


4 comments:

  1. We are so happy for our friends - grandparents L@B..what a great blessing the Lord has favored you all with, the joy of seeing and playing with your beloved Grace... Great photo's. We send our love...J&K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious Amazing Gracie Grace,
    If only you knew just how deeply these grandparents have been loving and doting and praying and dreaming of the day that they would meet you! You are going to grow to love them immensely and loving you? Heck, that's already a given. They had us all doing that before you were even born.

    Enjoy your time with them and don't let grandpa slip in a nap on you! Demand all of his attention even if it means putting up a sweet, fuss for him. And you know Precious Gracie Grace, I love our Lord more and more each day and I attribute a lot of that to the example that these grandparents are. Won't it be wonderful to learn about your Heavenly Father one day from these two? Oh, and get grandma to teach you how to whip up her beautiful cakes. Hey, I just had an idea. Do you think that we could slip you into their suitcase for a few days and then I too could finally meet one of my newer best friends? I can think of so many fun things this second grade teacher could teach one so as amazing as you. I also know how to find the posh baby stores. Think it over, okay Gracie Grace? I love you Gracie Grace! And Mama Jen and Dashing Darren, the family picture will hold a lifetime of memories. It is beautiful and you all look so happy. Bask in your time.

    Blessings sent your way,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete