Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Home Alone 2 (Things I've Learned)

In early July, as a fairly new Pop, I had my first full day alone with Grace. It was a little rocky, but overall, a great day. Now, several months more seasoned, and thanks to a work schedule change, I get to spend one day alone each week with the little one. And I couldn't be more thrilled. Especially with all the knowledge I've tucked away since:

- Feel free to make mistakes, as long as it doesn't involve dropping her, or making her bath water too hot.

- A cry, no matter how loud or desperate sounding, does not automatically mean it's time to fill her belly.

- Just like you and me, a little girl needs her alone time, too.

- Sometimes it seems like the day will never end, and then it goes by too fast.

- Grace is a great chores helper...overseeing all work in her little bouncy chair. What a whip cracker!

- "Morning snuggle time" might be one of the top five feelings in life.

- Always make it sound like things went a little worse than they actually did, so mom knows she was missed.

Here's to all my Tuesdays with Gracie,

Daddy


3 comments:

  1. Grace seems to enjoy the bonding time you have on Tuesdays and all special days you both share together. Love It..What a pair.. God Bless and continue with your bonding....K&J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grace, you are such a good teacher for both your Mom and Dad - they are learning fast!
    What a fun time you have! Lots of love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it, daddy!! couldn't be sweeter... especially the part where you want mama to know she was missed. : ) we are constantly sending our love your way! XO from San Diego!

    ReplyDelete